Request a Call Back
Please contact us for a quotation and further information.
ADT Biotech +60 3 7931 6760
ADT India +91 11 4904 1337
ADT Korea +82 31 8058 0301
SDT Molecular +65 8323 6002
PathoFinder - Syndromic Multiplex PCR Panels
Despite the developments in conventional PCR, the complexity of multiplex real-time PCR is still limited due to the lack of sufficient detection channels. To achieve high-end multiplexing capacity on standard real-time PCR machines, PathoFinder has developed the SmartFinder® technology. It enables Single-tube Multiplex Amplification in Real-Time (SMART) of up to 24 infectious pathogens with the same sensitivity as monoplex real-time PCR.
The detection of the amplified FAM labelled probes is by melting curve analysis on a real-time PCR system. Twelve detection probes, either ROX or Cy5 labelled and varying in melting temperature, enable specific detection of the amplified product and the corresponding pathogen.
Currently PathoFinder offers 4 syndromic disease panels:
- – RespiFinder® 2SMART (24 pathogens causing respiratory infections) NEW: including SARS-CoV-2 and MERS
- – GastroFinder® 2SMART (18 pathogens causing gastro-intestinal infections)
- – MeningoFinder® 2SMART (22 pathogens causing CNS infections)
- – STD-Finder® 2SMART (9 most important pathogens causing STD’s)
Key Features and Benefits:
- As sensitive as monoplex Real Time PCR
- Contains an Internal Control
- Contains Amplification Controls
- Contains a Positive Control
- Diagnosis within 2.5 hours after NA extraction
- All enzymes included
- Validated on QCMD panels and clinical samples
- CE IVD certified